PLACE: 7th and Market in front of Peabody Coal
REASON: Today we are going to protest the Senator Claire “Flipper” McCaskill’s War on Coal and MO Jobs.
They call her Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No one you see, is sma
rter than she,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying between Missouri and D.C.!
Some of you may remember the 60s TV Show “Flipper!”
Today we are gathering in front of Peabody Energy to protest “Flipper” McCaskill and her War on Coal and Missouri jobs.
You can read at the Gateway Pundit about her vote to keep in place the MACT Rule, which provided the EPA with Cap and Trade type authority as well as her misrepresenting her position about such policy to the voters of Missouri on the SAME DAY.
Here is a link to the MACT Roll Call Vote in the Senate. A Nay Vote is a vote to keep the rules which would bankrupt coal producers and shut down coal power plants in place.
- Peabody Energy is the LARGEST private-sector COAL company in the WORLD.
- COAL fuels approximately 10% of the energy generation in the United States. One in 10 homes or businesses runs on coal.
- COAL provides 81% of Missouri’s electric power generation.
- Missouri 11th in the nation in energy affordability. Due to COAL.
- COAL is directly responsible for thousands of union and non-union jobs.
- At AmrenUE out of its 16,546 megawatts of electric generating capacity, 64.8% comes from COAL. These are generated at power plants such as Labadie Energy Center (Franklin), Meramec Energy Center (St. Louis), Rush Island Energy Center (Jefferson County), and Sioux Energy Center (St. Charles).
- “Flipper” McCaskill’s votes, which give legislative force to her “I hate coal” comments will have a negative effect on the jobs at those plants and the economies of those towns and regions and Missouri as a whole. These policies and support of the MACT rule will cause YOUR “electricity rates to necessarily skyrocket.”
These positions are EXTREME!
They are not supported by the people of Missouri.
Join us in our protest of “Flipper” McCaskill today and let your voice be heard!
WHAT TO BRING:
YOURSELF AND YOUR VOICE!
SIGNS which protest Claire McCaskill’s “War on Coal” and her support of the MACT rule which provided a backdoor Cap and Trade rule for the EPA.
DOLPHINS in the form of Balloons, Stuffed Animals, Pictures, Costumed children etc. to amplify Senator McCaskill’s inner “Flipper” like nature.
RAINCOATS AND UMBRELLAS. It might rain, but the event will go on RAIN OR SHINE. We are no sunshine patriots, a little water doesn’t bother Flipper and it won’t bother us either.